AWC works towards advancing women businesses in construction through a number of avenues. We provide:
- Educational programming to develop technical, business management, and leadership skills.
- Professional and personal relationships to broaden and develop your understanding and knowledge of the construction industry.
- Visibility and contract opportunities for your business through networking with other members and partner organizations.
- Additional company marketing for you through listing on our website, our social media outlets and the Associated General Contractors of Minnesota directory.
- Monitoring of large-scale public projects to ensure inclusion of women contractors.
- Annual scholarships to females entering the construction industry either through the academy pathway or the apprenticeship pathway.
- Assistance on issues of equitable contracting with public entities.
- Assistance in certification application.
The AWC advocates on behalf of members with organizations that include: MnDOT, MetCouncil, MAC, State of Minnesota Office of Equity, Building Jobs Coalition, Cities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, U.S. Bank Stadium, and the Federal Reserve Bank Board of Governors.